This Mount Baker climb is meant for beginner climbers in a good physical condition looking to start mountaineering. With its twelve active glaciers and breathtaking views, 10,781ft Mount Baker provides a scenic and extremely rewarding mountaineering experience for both first-time climbers and seasoned veterans alike.
- Selection and use of personal equipment, ropes, knots and harnesses
- Crampon use and snow climbing techniques, ice axe positioning, and self arrest techniques
- Roped glacier travel, rope team management, route finding, and crevasse navigation
- Hazard assessment including a discussion of objective vs. subjective hazards
- Camp construction, camp management, and cold weather camping skills
- Proper clothing and climbing gear for survival in the high mountains, mountain weather, alpine ecology, avalanche hazard assessment, and Leave No Trace ethics.
Share with your friends:
Do not forget to arrange for the requisite passport, visa and travel insurance, if you are booking an international trip.
We try our best to ensure accurate and up-to-date guide information, but in some cases this may change due to emergencies or other unforeseen guide scheduling challenges. In any case, another highly-rated, certified guide with similar experience would lead your trip and you will be kept informed of any such case.
* You will receive a full refund minus $100 cancellation fee. For our full cancellation policy, see our Terms & Conditions
Invite your friends and family on your adventure: