duration: 3 days
group size: 6
This Mount Baker climb is meant for beginner climbers in a good physical condition looking to start mountaineering. With its twelve active glaciers and breathtaking views, 10,781ft Mount Baker provides a scenic and extremely rewarding mountaineering experience for both first-time climbers and seasoned veterans alike.
- Selection and use of personal equipment, ropes, knots and harnesses
- Crampon use and snow climbing techniques, ice axe positioning, and self arrest techniques
- Roped glacier travel, rope team management, route finding, and crevasse navigation
- Hazard assessment including a discussion of objective vs. subjective hazards
- Camp construction, camp management, and cold weather camping skills
- Proper clothing and climbing gear for survival in the high mountains, mountain weather, alpine ecology, avalanche hazard assessment, and Leave No Trace ethics.
The cancellation policy for this climb varies from our standard cancellation policy. Please read FAQ 8 for the cancellation policy on this trip.
Share with your friends:
Do not forget to arrange for the requisite passport, visa and travel insurance, if you are booking an international trip.
We try our best to ensure accurate and up-to-date guide information, but in some cases this may change due to emergencies or other unforeseen guide scheduling challenges. In any case, another highly-rated, certified guide with similar experience would lead your trip and you will be kept informed of any such case.
* You will receive a full refund minus $100 cancellation fee. For our full cancellation policy, see our Terms & Conditions
Any questions? Contact us
Invite your friends and family on your adventure: